Climate justice and the Global South
The road to solving climate change
Verlag: Books on Demand
inkl. MwSt. / portofrei
Ihr eigenes Buch!
Werden Sie Autor*in mit BoD und erfüllen Sie sich den Traum vom eigenen Buch und E-Book.Mehr erfahren
Mankind is on a dangerous journey in the Anthropocene. The destination is not yet fixed. Arriving at a good life for all within planetary boundaries is still possible. But at present, the journey is more likely to lead to an overheating of the Earth. Health and life would then be massively endangered for many living beings - including humans.
A positive development is still possible, but it requires a global transformation of economy and society. The prosperous states and companies are well advised, to respect the interests of the global south and future generations, and to use wisely use the considerable financial resources in a cooperation of equals.
- highlights past carbon missions and their consequences,
- reflects on the main drivers of future emissions,
- discusses strategies like green growth, de-growth,
- presents market-based instruments like carbon trading and carbon border adjustment and
- emphasises the key role played by the emerging countries of the global south.
It is not only a matter of justice but furthermore in the interest of the rich countries in the global north to contribute massively to financing a "green leapfrogging" of the global south into a carbon-free prosperity. Failing to achieve it will bring unspeakable losses and suffering to many people all over the planet.
Es sind momentan noch keine Pressestimmen vorhanden.